- Clips (3)Latest ClipJohn Taylor from Duran Duran - Tracks Of My Years
- TracksLast Played on BBC
- Events10 Sep - Robin Hill Country Park, Isle Of Wight, UK
- MoreSimilar Artists, Official Links
- John Taylor from Duran Duran - Tracks Of My Yearshttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02cl05b.jpg2012-09-21T11:00:00ZDuran Duran's bassist John Taylor picks his Tracks of My Years.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/1a1cd7f3-e5df-4eca-bae2-2757c9e656b5?clipfocus=p00ys22xSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 15 mins
John Taylor from Duran Duran - Tracks Of My Years
- Duran Duran bassist John Taylor releases bookhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02ckzsf.jpg2012-09-17T23:00:54ZDuran Duran bassist John Taylor has just released a book about his life in music. 6 Music’s Georgie Rogers met up with Taylor to find out more about how he approached the book.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/1a1cd7f3-e5df-4eca-bae2-2757c9e656b5?clipfocus=p00yq12tSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 3 mins
Duran Duran bassist John Taylor releases book
- Radio 2 In Concert - Duran Duranhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02c7zlb.jpg2011-03-10T00:00:00ZWatch this sneak peep promo video of our Radio 2 In Concert guests, Duran Duran.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/1a1cd7f3-e5df-4eca-bae2-2757c9e656b5?clipfocus=p00fktb5Selected ClipSelected ClipVideo 31 s
Radio 2 In Concert - Duran Duran
Clips from Similar Artists
Duran Duran are an English pop/rock band formed in Birmingham in 1978. They were a successful band of the 1980s and a leading band in the MTV-driven "Second British Invasion" of the US. Since the 1980s, they have placed 14 singles in the Top 10 of the UK Singles Chart and 21 in the Billboard Hot 100, and have sold more than 70 million records.
While they were generally considered part of the New Romantic scene, along with bands such as Spandau Ballet, when they first emerged, the band later shed this image. The band worked with fashion designers to build a sharp and elegant image. The band has won a number of awards throughout their career: two Brit Awards including the 2004 award for Outstanding Contribution to Music, two Grammy Awards, and an MTV Video Music Award for Lifetime Achievement. They were also awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
The band's controversial videos, which included partial nudity and suggestions of sexuality, became popular in the early 1980s on the then-new music video channel, MTV. Duran Duran were among the first bands to have their videos shot by professional directors with 35 mm film movie cameras, which gave their videos a much more polished look than was standard at the time. In 1984, the band were early innovators with video technology in their live stadium shows; they were the first major act to provide video screens above the stage to bring the action closer to the audience in the rear.