- Clips (2)Latest ClipNelly Furtado - Interview
- TracksLast Played on BBC
- EventsFind events near you
- MoreSimilar Artists, Official Links
- Nelly Furtado - Interviewhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02ch5sl.jpg2012-06-04T23:00:31ZTrevor catches up with Nelly Furtado.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/13655113-cd16-4b43-9dca-cadbbf26ee05?clipfocus=p00thgvfSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 5 mins
Nelly Furtado - Interview
- Nelly Furtado chats to Fearne Cottonhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02ch1vv.jpg2012-05-22T23:00:31ZNelly Furtado drops into the studio to chat to Fearne about the weather in London, touring with her daughter and, of course, cakes!http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/13655113-cd16-4b43-9dca-cadbbf26ee05?clipfocus=p00t198rSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 12 mins
Nelly Furtado chats to Fearne Cotton
Clips from Similar Artists
Past BBC Events
Nelly Kim Furtado, ComIH (born December 2, 1978) is a Canadian singer and songwriter. She has sold 20 million albums worldwide and more than 20 million singles, bringing her total sales to over 40 million records around the world. Furtado first gained fame with her debut album, Whoa, Nelly!, which spawned two successful singles, "I'm Like a Bird" and "Turn Off the Light". "I'm Like A Bird" won a 2001 Juno Award for Single of the Year and a 2002 Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance. In 2003, Furtado released Folklore, which produced three international singles: "Powerless (Say What You Want)", "Try", and "Força".
Three years later, she released Loose, a worldwide commercial success with 10 million copies sold. The album spawned two number-one hits: "Promiscuous" and "Say It Right." After a three-year break, she released her first full-length Spanish album, Mi Plan, and Furtado received a Latin Grammy for Best Female Pop Vocal Album. In 2012, Furtado's fourth English-language studio album, The Spirit Indestructible, was released.