- Clips (4)Latest ClipWhite Stripes: Seven Nation Army
- TracksLast Played on BBC
- EventsFind events near you
- MoreSimilar Artists, Official Links
- White Stripes: Seven Nation Armyhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p025fx5k.jpg2014-08-25T13:00:00ZJack White explains how the Seven Nation Army riff no longer belongs to himhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/11ae9fbb-f3d7-4a47-936f-4c0a04d3b3b5?clipfocus=p025fx6dSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 1 min
White Stripes: Seven Nation Army
- The White Stripes - Fell In Love With a Girl ( Later Archive 2001)http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02cgky7.jpg2012-04-22T23:00:32ZThe White Stripes perform Fell In Love With a Girl on Later...with Jools Holland in 2001.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/11ae9fbb-f3d7-4a47-936f-4c0a04d3b3b5?clipfocus=p00rddp8Selected ClipSelected ClipVideo 3 mins
The White Stripes - Fell In Love With a Girl ( Later Archive 2001)
- Shaun Keaveny's Alternative 6 Music Adverthttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02c8rbt.jpg2011-05-05T04:00:00ZThe recent 6 Music TV Advert featured many DJs from the station's roster, but not Shaun Keaveny. Why not?!? Here's why not!http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/11ae9fbb-f3d7-4a47-936f-4c0a04d3b3b5?clipfocus=p00gqnwrSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 2 mins
Shaun Keaveny's Alternative 6 Music Advert
- The White Stripes - Elephant documentaryhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02c122w.jpg2010-11-26T00:00:00ZHear the documentary build up as Masterpieces returns with the White Stripes' Elephant. Zane talks in depth to Jack White and hears from Dave Grohl, Alison Mossheart and others, before playing the album in full.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/11ae9fbb-f3d7-4a47-936f-4c0a04d3b3b5?clipfocus=p00cdls5Selected ClipSelected ClipAudio 50 mins
The White Stripes - Elephant documentary
Clips from Similar Artists
Past BBC Events
The White Stripes were an American rock duo, formed in 1997 in Detroit, Michigan. The group consisted of Jack White (songwriter, vocals, guitar, bass and keyboards) and Meg White (drums and occasional vocals). After releasing several singles and three albums within the Detroit music scene, The White Stripes rose to prominence in 2002, as part of the garage rock revival scene. Their successful and critically acclaimed albums White Blood Cells and Elephant drew attention from a large variety of media outlets in the United States and the United Kingdom, with the single "Seven Nation Army" and its now-iconic guitar line becoming a huge hit. The band recorded two more albums, Get Behind Me Satan in 2005 and Icky Thump in 2007, and dissolved in 2011 after a lengthy hiatus from performing and recording.
The White Stripes used a low-fidelity approach to writing and recording. Their music featured a melding of garage rock and blues influences and a raw simplicity of composition, arrangement, and performance. The duo was also noted for their fashion and design aesthetic which featured a simple color scheme of red, white, and black—which was used on every album and single cover the band released—as well as the band's fascination with the number three. The band's discography consists of six studio albums, one live album, two extended plays (EP), one concert film, one tour documentary, twenty-six singles, and fourteen music videos. Their last three albums each won the Grammy Award for Best Alternative Music Album.