- Clips (2)Latest ClipDeath Cab For Cutie
- TracksLast Played on BBC
- Events2 Nov - O2 Academy Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
- MoreSimilar Artists, Official Links
- Death Cab For Cutiehttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02vwl9y.jpg2015-07-28T22:59:00ZHighlights of Death Cab For Cutie's set at Glastonbury 2015http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/0039c7ae-e1a7-4a7d-9b49-0cbc716821a6?clipfocus=p02w4hjdSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 6 mins
Death Cab For Cutie
- Death Cab For Cutie - Interview with Lauren Lavernehttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02cd3k8.jpg2011-11-22T10:00:00ZLauren is joined by Death Cab For Cutie for a chat in the 6 Music studios, where they talk about the changes in the music industry since they started.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/0039c7ae-e1a7-4a7d-9b49-0cbc716821a6?clipfocus=p00lx3q2Selected ClipSelected ClipAudio 19 mins
Death Cab For Cutie - Interview with Lauren Laverne
Clips from Similar Artists
Past BBC Events
Death Cab for Cutie Zane Lowe Sessions
Death Cab for Cutie is an American alternative rock band, formed in Bellingham, Washington in 1997. The band comprises Ben Gibbard (vocals, guitar, piano), Nick Harmer (bass) and Jason McGerr (drums). In 2014, founding guitarist and producer Chris Walla announced that he would be departing from the band after recording their eighth studio album, Kintsugi.
Originally a solo project of Ben Gibbard, he released the demo album, You Can Play These Songs with Chords, to positive reception, which led to a record deal with Barsuk Records. Gibbard decided to expand the project into a complete band, releasing their debut album Something About Airplanes in 1998, and their second album, We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes, in 2000; both records were positively received in the indie community. Their third album, 2001's The Photo Album, gave the band their first charting single, and the release of the group's fourth album Transatlanticism, in 2003, gained the band mainstream critical and commercial success. After signing with Atlantic Records, Death Cab For Cutie released their fifth album and major-label debut Plans in 2005, which received platinum certification from the Recording Industry Association of America. The band released their sixth album Narrow Stairs in 2008, which served as a stylistic departure for the group. Their seventh album, 2011's Codes and Keys, featured the band's first number one single, "You Are a Tourist". Their eighth studio album Kintsugi, the last to feature Walla, was released on March 31, 2015.