Backstage at Radio 1's Big Weekend is the perfect place for celebs to hang out with their squads, but also expand them and make them even better. These are some of the best examples we saw over the weekend...
1. How long did Grimmy hide behind this sign to meet his bestie?
2. Best friend maker at the festival? Charli XCX
She hung out with BOTH Dua Lipa and RAYE. And Charli wasn't even meant to be in Hull. Ring the SPECIAL GUEST KLAXON! 📣
3. Charli even jumped on stage with Rita Ora
They played the HOTTEST new track, Girls. It can't come out soon enough!
4. Pre-show ritual: rub a mini-squad member's head before going on stage
It clearly brought Imagine Dragons' luck as their set slayed.
Bastille's Dan Smith got an even bigger hug from the 25,000-strong crowd when he went on stage.
6. Coolest squad of the weekend?
They borrowed a plane from rock gods Depeche Mode just to make it to the festival on time. That's how much Clean Bandit wanted to win this year's Big Weekend.
7. Little Mix were the definition of a squad on stage
What more do you want in your squad than people you can lean on (and use to take a breather from all that dancing).
8. Stormzy made sure everyone he met joined his squad
9. But the crowd had the best #squadgoals of the festival
Everyone in the audience was determined to have the best time ever - and, touchingly, to pay respect to the victims of the Manchester tragedy too.