Conozca a Monty, una mascota de cuatro patas en cuatro ruedas. Véalo en el siguiente video sobre una organización benéfica en Nueva Zelanda y aprenda nuevo vocabulario.
Transcripción en inglés
Meet Monty: a four-legged friend on four wheels.
No, it's not a shaggy dog story, this pooch really is driving the car, after being trained by a charity in New Zealand.
Six months ago he was abandoned by his owners. But the charity hopes that by showing how intelligent dogs can be, more people will adopt them, putting dogs like Monty back in the driving seat.
an animal with four legs
shaggy dog story
a long joke with an intentionally silly ending
to look after a child or animal as your own
in the driving seat
Use one of the words or phrases below to complete each of these sentences from news reports.
Note that you may have to change the form of a word to complete the sentence correctly.
four-legged friends/shaggy dog story/abandoned/adopt/in the driving seat
1. Mr Morabito said more than 3,000 people had already applied to ________ a dog.
2. More employees should be "____________" and own a share of the company they work for, the deputy prime minister has said.
3. Still, with so much human suffering, it may seem like a stretch to ask people to help ____________.
4. An agreed sale of its Indian operations to HSBC ran out of time and is now being __________.
5. "This may seem like a ___________ but it has a serious purpose."
1. Mr Morabito said more than 3,000 people had already applied to adopt a dog.
2. More employees should be "in the driving seat" and own a share of the company they work for, the deputy prime minister has said.
Source: Nick Clegg seeks more employee ownership
3. Still, with so much human suffering, it may seem like a stretch to ask people to help four-legged friends.
4. An agreed sale of its Indian operations to HSBC ran out of time and is now being abandoned.
5. "This may seem like a shaggy dog story but it has a serious purpose."
Source: Listening dogs help Staffordshire pupils read out aloud
Para ver esta página tal cual fue diseñada, debe utilizar un navegador de internet actualizado, que tenga habilitado el uso de hojas de estilo en cascada (CSS, por Cascading Stylesheets en inglés). Aunque en el navegador que está utilizando podrá ver el contenido de la página, no será presentado de la mejor forma posible. Por favor, evalúe la posibilidad de actualizar su navegador y/o habilitar el uso de CSS.