Doctor Who: The World Tour Tickets for Rio de Janeiro’s fan event will go on sale on Thursday!
Tickets will be available for general sale through Ingresso Rápido (www.ingressorapido.com.br) and at the box office of Vivo Rio.
This marks the first time that fans of Doctor Who, the world’s longest running television sci-fi series, will see the stars of the show in Brazil. Twelfth Doctor, Peter Capaldi and his on-screen companion Jenna Coleman (Clara Oswald) will be joined live on stage by Steven Moffat, Doctor Who’s Lead Writer and Executive Producer for an exclusive Q&A where fans will have the opportunity to put some of their own questions to the panel.
This one-time-only fan event will take place at the Vivo Rio Auditorium on Monday, August 18 at 18:00 HS. Ticket prices will range from R$60 to R$120 (plus taxes). Due to time constraints and local regulation, entry is restricted to persons aged 18 and over.
BBC Worldwide Latin America has partnered with Livraria Cultura stores to play a video relay of the Q&A session in selected stores on the night allowing fans another opportunity to see the event. The participating stores are: Sao Paulo; Campinas; Recife; Curitiba; Porto Alegre and Rio de Janeiro. These events are free but limited to ticket holders only. The tickets will be allocated on a first come first serve basis at participating Livraria Cultura stores on Friday August 15 as the stores open*. Further information on the in-store screening event will be available at Livraria Cultura’s social media platforms**.
Doctor Who: The World Tour is part of a series of media and fan engagement events to welcome the show’s forthcoming Series 8 to a global audience, which will premiere on August 23in BBC HD Brazil. The first episode Deep Breath will hit the big screens in Brazil (with a feature-length version) during the month of September***.
* Opening times and addresses of Livraria Cultura stores hosting the live streaming event in Brazil are:
- São Paulo: CONJUNTO NACIONAL Avenida Paulista, 2073 - Bela Vista - São Paulo/SP. Open from Monday to Saturday 9am – 10pm; Sundays and holidays 12pm – 8pm.
- Campinas: SHOPPING CENTER IGUATEMI CAMPINAS Av. Iguatemi, 777 - Lojas 04 e 05 - Piso 1 -Vila Brandina - Campinas – SP. Open from Monday to Saturday 10am – 10pm; Sundays and holidays 1pm – 9pm.
- Rio de Janeiro: CINE VITÓRIA Rua Senador Dantas, 45 - Centro - Rio de Janeiro/RJ. Open from Monday to Saturday 9am – 9pm; Sundays closed; holidays 1pm -7pm.
- Recife: RIOMAR SHOPPING Avenida República do Líbano, 251 - Pina – Recife/PE. Open from Monday to Saturday 9am – 10pm; Sundays and holidays 12pm – 9pm.
- Curitiba: SHOPPING CURITIBA Rua Brigadeiro Franco, 2300 – Curitiba/PR. Open from Monday to Saturday 10am – 10pm; Sundays and holidays 2pm – 8pm.
- Porto Alegre: BOURBON SHOPPING COUNTRY Avenida Túlio de Rose, 80 - Passo D’Areia - Porto Alegre/RS. Open from Monday to Saturday 10am – 10pm; Sundays and holidays 2pm – 8pm.
** https://www.facebook.com/livrariacultura and @LivCultura
*** Cities, dates and movie theatres to be announced.
NOTES TO EDITORS
For more information, please contact:
Viviana Rubinstein Patricia Blanco
Director, Communications & PR Communications Manager
About BBC Worldwide
BBC Worldwide is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). Its vision is to build the BBC’s brands, audiences, commercial returns and reputation across the world. This is achieved through investing in, commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC around the world, in a way that is consistent with BBC standards and values. The business also champions British creativity globally.
In 2013/14, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £157.4m and headline sales of £1,042.3m and returned £173.8m to the BBC. For more detailed performance information please see our Annual Review website: http://www.bbcworldwide.com/annualreview
Search the site
Can't find what you need? Search here