BBC Earth presents Earth Unplugged: A digital nature channel for YouTube
With Earth Unplugged we’re seeking to connect a new audience with the world around them. YouTube offers a fantastic opportunity to reach people and grab their attention with innovative nature content that will captivate and inspire.” Amanda Hill, Managing Director for BBC Earth at BBC Worldwide
The channel will feature a feast of new films created for a digital audience by BBC Earth Productions and is set to become a destination site for wildlife and nature. Earth Unplugged is BBC Worldwide’s first original-content channel for YouTube and forms part of the company’s plans to build a true consumer facing multi-channel network on the platform.
Amanda Hill, Managing Director for BBC Earth at BBC Worldwide said “With Earth Unplugged we’re seeking to connect a new audience with the world around them. YouTube offers a fantastic opportunity to reach people and grab their attention with innovative nature content that will captivate and inspire.”
Earth Unplugged has released a trailer for the channel today which can be viewed here: YouTube.com/EarthUnplugged. On launch the channel will feature videos for seven unmissable new shows:
- Earth Juice will bring viewers weekly news discussing the latest discoveries in the natural world and revealing amazing facts that they may never have heard before: from bees that have produced blue honey to uncovering the real life vampires in the animal kingdom.
- Meet My Planet is a glossy and intimate look inside the world of people who have been inspired by the natural world. We’ll hear from a fascinating mix of people from explorers, naturalists and filmmakers to artists and musicians – all of whom have a passion for nature.
- Deadliest... is a YouTube exclusive spin-off of the BBC’s immensely popular TV show Deadly 60 and features the ultimate showdowns from the planet’s deadliest animals; the most inhospitable habitats and most dangerous forces of nature.
- Walking with Dinosaurs will see videos specially created for Earth Unplugged - including the soon-to-be-favourite sketchosaurus - the ultimate destination for dino fans with an enticing mix of fun, fear and facts!
- Earth Files takes iconic nature stories and gives them a unique digital makeover, fusing high-end graphics and surprising music with beautiful photography to create a brand new experience.
- Zoo La La will travel the world uncovering some of the most extraordinary animal behaviour and Bugface, part of Zoo La La, makes insects the star of a new show that has to be seen to be believed!
- Amazing Animal Babies is a must for anyone needing a weekly uplift! Featuring stunning films of cute baby animals Amazing Animal Babies will reveal the extraordinary stories these infants have to tell.
For more information, please contact:
Emma Finlay, Senior Press Officer, Brands, Consumers & New Ventures, at
T: 020 8433 2536
NOTES TO EDITORS
About BBC Worldwide Ltd. BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The company exists to exploit the value of the BBC’s assets for the benefit of the licence fee payer and invest in public service programming in return for rights. The company has five core businesses: Channels, Content & Production, Sales & Distribution, Consumer Products and Global Brands. In 2011/12, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £155 million on headline sales of £1085 million and returned £216 million to the BBC. For more detailed performance information please see our Annual Review website: http://www.bbcworldwide.com/annualreview
Search the site
Can't find what you need? Search here