Olympic Thursday, 7 June 2012
You can find details on Twitter by following #olympicthursday and @BBC2012
Wednesday, 6 June 2012:
• Olympic Question Time, BBC Radio 5 live, 7pm-9pm.
Mark Chapman presents a special programme from Hackney to discuss all the big Olympic issues with just over seven weeks to go to the start of London 2012.
On the panel: Olympic gold medallists sprinter Darren Campbell and swimmer Duncan Goodhew; Gail Emms, badminton silver medal winner at the 2004 Athens Games; the Chief Executive of Locog, Paul Deighton; Sport Minister Hugh Robertson; and DJ Trevor Nelson who is Hackney born and bred and a Radio 1 Hackney Weekend Ambassador.
• 5 live Track & Field, BBC Radio 5 live, 9.30pm-10.30pm.
Athletics news and a preview of the Oslo Diamond League meeting where Usain Bolt is scheduled to take on Asafa Powell and Sally Pearson is due to start her European season.
This week on #olympicthursday / BBC Sport Online
Olympic Thursday, 7 June 2012:
• England striker and GB hopeful Kelly Smith on battling injuries and alcoholism during a decade at the top of women’s football (text + video)
• Archer Alison Williamson on the prospect of going to her sixth Olympic Games in London (text)
• American Matt Emmons is an Athens gold medallist despite shooting the wrong target in an Olympic final, having his gun sabotaged and fighting thyroid cancer (text)
• Australian hurdles star Sally Pearson talks to chief sports writer Tom Fordyce (text blog)
• GB hockey keeper Beth Storry trains with Tottenham's Brad Friedel (video)
Search the site
Can't find what you need? Search here