January 11th 1938 Blackmoor opened its door as an infants
& juniors school.
August 8th there were 234 children on the roll.
school was built to serve the needs of the new Blackmoor
1937 four lower school classrooms and a hall were built.
Mrs Collinson's present room was under construction to be
a reception class. Her classroom had the fire grate up until
the rooms got refurbished in 2001.
1938 the main corridor was started along with the year 4
classrooms. In 1946 the year 3 rooms were added. In 1947
the large school hall and the head teachers room were built.
school report from 1943 - this pupil was VG at Drawing
but their weak subject was spelling.