บทเรียน 25: Modals in the past
Who stole Dan's cake?
- 1 Go beyond intermediate with our new video course
- 2 Reported speech in 90 seconds!
- 3 If or whether?
- 4 5 ways to use 'would'
- 5 Let and allow
- 6 Passive voice
- 7 Unless
- 8 Mixed conditionals
- 9 The zero article - in 90 seconds
- 10 The indefinite article - in 90 seconds
- 11 The. That's right - the! Learn all about it in 90 seconds
- 12 The continuous passive
- 13 Future perfect
- 14 Need + verb-ing
- 15 Have something done
- 16 Wish
- 17 Word stress
- 18 Different ways of saying 'if'
- 19 Passive reporting structures
- 20 The subjunctive
- 21 When and if
- 22 Inversion
- 23 Phrasal verbs
- 24 The future
- 25 Modals in the past
- 26 Narrative tenses
- 27 Phrasal verb myths
- 28 Conditionals review
- 29 Used to - review
- 30 Linking words of contrast
Session 2 - News Review
declared an emergency
officially announced a dangerous situation exists
move to a different place
state of emergency
temporary set of rules an authority uses to deal with a dangerous situation
an unusually large number of unpleasant things
example of a pun – play on words - typical in tabloid headlines
Session 3 - Lingohack
money offered by governments to save a failing economy or business
small parts of something to be studied by scientists
involving people working together
Session 5 - The White Elephant
deserved punishment for doing something bad
all mouth and no trousers
talking a lot about doing something without actually doing it
a man or a mouse
be brave even if you are frightened
what are you made of?
prove how brave you are
my knight in shining armour!
someone very brave who is going to help me