Unidad 8: Travel
Articles - a, an, the
Seleccione una unidad
- 1 Nice to meet you!
- 2 What to wear
- 3 Like this, like that
- 4 The daily grind
- 5 Christmas every day
- 6 Great achievers
- 7 The Titanic
- 8 Travel
- 9 The big wedding
- 10 Sunny's job hunt
- 11 The bucket list
- 12 Moving and migration
- 13 Welcome to BBC Broadcasting House
- 14 New Year, New Project
- 15 From Handel to Hendrix
- 16 What's the weather like?
- 17 The Digital Revolution
- 18 A detective story
- 19 A place to live
- 20 The Cult of Celebrity
- 21 Welcome to your new job
- 22 Beyond the planets
- 23 Great expectations!
- 24 Eco-tourism
- 25 Moving house
- 26 It must be love
- 27 Job hunting success... and failure
- 28 Speeding into the future
- 29 Lost arts
- 30 Tales of survival
Emma knows where she wants to have her holiday - and she's writing a postcard to tell everyone. But which articles will she use?
Sesión 4 puntuación
0 / 15
- 0 / 0Actividad 1
- 0 / 9Actividad 2
- 0 / 6Actividad 3
- 0 / 0Actividad 4
Emma's dream destination
Emma knows where she wants to go for a holiday. Watch the video to see where her dream destination is.
Ver el video y completar la actividad
Brazil, India, Thailand… there are so many places to choose from, but I've decided where I'm going to have my holiday…
Hello from London! I'm having lots of fun. I'm staying at a wonderful hotel – it's my house!
I've been to see the Tower of London and I've been on a ferry down the River Thames. I've eaten the best fish and chips in the whole of Britain! Tomorrow I'm going to see a musical at The London Palladium.
Wish you were here. Love from Emma."
Do you wish you were here? And did you notice the articles in my postcard?
Right, I need to find a post box. See you later!
How to write a postcard
Emma's writing a postcard from her home town. Let's look at it more closely. When you write a real or electronic postcard to send to someone, remember to begin with 'Dear (name)' or 'Hello'. Then write about some of these things:
- Where you are (I'm in London)
- Where you are staying (I'm staying at a wonderful hotel)
- What you have done (I've been to see The Tower of London and I've been on a ferry down The River Thames. I've eaten the best fish and chips in the whole of Britain!)
- What you are going to do (Tomorrow I am going to see a musical)
- What it's like (I'm having the time of my life)
- Sign-off (Wish you were here. Love from Emma)
Click here to download the video (size: 23.7MB).
So you know how to write a postcard! Now pack your bags, because in the next activity we're going to visit another exciting destination - and there's a chance for you to put pen to paper.