What is the BBC Learning English app?
- The official BBC Learning English app brings together your favourite lessons and presenters in one simple package. Whether you want to study grammar, improve your pronunciation, develop your English through topical new stores or learn the latest phrases that you can you use in your everyday conversations every day, the app will have a series for you.
- The app allows customisation - so you can follow the learning series that you're interested in.
- The content is offered in different formats: text, images, audio, video and quizzes.
What versions of the Android / iOS operating system is the app available for?
- Andriod:Version 5.0 and above
- iOS: Version 10 and above
How can I add a series to My Learning?
- You can customise the app by following series that are of particular interest for you.
- Tap the 'Follow' button on a programme or series page to add a series to My Learning.
How can I manage or remove series from My Learning?
- Tap the 'Unfollow' button on a programme or series page to remove a series from My Learning
How do I share a story?
- The app gives you the option to post BBC Learning English stories to Facebook, Twitter, email or any other app on your device that supports sharing.
- To access this feature, tap the ' Share' button from any programme page and select your preferred method of sharing from the menu.
- Please note that you may be asked to set-up a Facebook, Twitter or email account if your chosen method is not already available on the device.
How can I use the BBC Learning English app when not connected to the internet?
- You will not be able to use the app. A few recently looked at pages will be viewable but audio and video content will not play.
How do I download programmes to my phone?
- The app does not allow you to download audio or video programmes.
How can I find the Settings menu for the app?
- Settings are available in the app menu which is accessible via the Menu button (cog wheel) at the top left area of the screen.
What are push notifications?
- These notifications enable you to be alerted to the latest content from the BBC Learning English team.
- When a push alert is received it will briefly be displayed in your device's status bar and may be accompanied by a sound, depending on your settings.
- Alerts can then be viewed within the Android notification area (accessed by dragging down the status bar).
How many push notifications will I receive?
- The number of alerts we send out will vary. However we aim to keep the number of notifications to one per day.
Will I be charged for push notifications?
- Push notifications are free to receive but may make minimal use of your data plan if delivered via your mobile network provider.
How do I turn notifications off?
- In your device general settings menu you can block the Learning English app from sending notifications.
- By choosing to receive push notification on your mobile apps, you agree to the collection, use and disclosure of information as outlined in our BBC's Privacy and Cookies Policy.
- We collect, use and share your information as anonymous or aggregate data with third-parties which include ProcessOne and Urban Airship, to provide you with the service.
- No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed.
- The BBC will keep your information secure and not share it with anyone else in accordance with the BBC's Privacy and Cookies Policy.
How do I send feedback to the BBC about the app?
- If you have a comment or suggestion, or a question that isn't covered here, please email email@example.com.
- If you wish to raise a formal complaint about the app, please go to the BBC Complaints homepage.