Unit 1: Go The Distance: Choosing distance learning
Select a unit
- 1 Go The Distance: Choosing distance learning
- 2 Go The Distance: Academic reading
- 3 Go The Distance: Academic talk
- 4 Go The Distance: Academic writing
- 5 Go The Distance: Finding and using source material
- 6 Go The Distance: Going the distance
- 7 Go The Distance: Critical thinking
- 8 Go The Distance: Social learning
- 9 Go The Distance: Projects
- 10 Go The Distance: Succeeding in exams
Completed1 Activity 15 Jan 2018
Welcome to Go The Distance – our new course all about distance learning. This is the first in our video series 'Student Life'. In each episode, we'll meet a genuine distance learner and see them at work, rest and play. Each student talks about a particular aspect of distance learning. Let's meet the first student – Olivier – and find out why he chose distance learning!
Completed1 Activity 01 Feb 2018
Welcome to 'Academic Insights' – part of our new 'Go The Distance' course. On these pages, we'll meet lots of different distance learning tutors and get their top tips for successful study. Topics will include: researching and writing assignments, coping with exams, and making perfect projects. But first things first: let's get some tips on deciding whether distance learning is right for you.
Completed1 Activity 22 Feb 2018
You've probably heard about it before, but what does 'digital literacy' actually mean – and why is it important for distance learners? In this video series we show you how to get the digital skills you need for successful study. Join Sian in our first video guide to the digital world!