Unit 8: Go The Distance: Social learning
Select a unit
- 1 Go The Distance: Choosing distance learning
- 2 Go The Distance: Academic reading
- 3 Go The Distance: Academic talk
- 4 Go The Distance: Academic writing
- 5 Go The Distance: Finding and using source material
- 6 Go The Distance: Going the distance
- 7 Go The Distance: Critical thinking
- 8 Go The Distance: Social learning
- 9 Go The Distance: Projects
- 10 Go The Distance: Succeeding in exams
Completed1 Activity 25 Jan 2018
Welcome back to Student Life – the series where we meet real distance learners and hear their study stories. Each student tells us about how they manage one specific aspect of distance learning. The feature of studying we're hearing about this time is very closely linked to advances in technology: social learning. Scroll down to meet James!
Completed1 Activity 01 Feb 2018
Welcome back to Academic Insights – the series where we meet real distance learning tutors and get their top tips for successful studying. This time we're looking at a key area of distance learning: working with other people. Tutor Rebecca has the tips you need!
Completed2 Activities 08 Feb 2018
Welcome back to the 'Study and Exam Skills' area – the home of our video series with top tips to help you on the way to successful studying. This time we're bringing you a guide to an area of study that's becoming more and more important: social learning.
Completed2 Activities 15 Feb 2018
Welcome back to Academic Writing – our series with the activities and tips to help you become a top-class writer. This time we're looking at a slightly less formal, but very important aspect of writing in distance learning: the language of online discussion.