Unit 3: Go The Distance: Academic talk
Select a unit
- 1 Go The Distance: Choosing distance learning
- 2 Go The Distance: Academic reading
- 3 Go The Distance: Academic talk
- 4 Go The Distance: Academic writing
- 5 Go The Distance: Finding and using source material
- 6 Go The Distance: Going the distance
- 7 Go The Distance: Critical thinking
- 8 Go The Distance: Social learning
- 9 Go The Distance: Projects
- 10 Go The Distance: Succeeding in exams
á°á ááá1 Activity 25 Jan 2018
Time for Student Life – the part of our 'Go The Distance' course where we hear from real distance learners talking about their study and home life. Each student talks about a particular aspect of distance learning. Let's meet the next student – Marcin – and find out how he practices academic talk!
á°á ááá1 Activity 01 Feb 2018
Welcome back to 'Academic Insights' – part of our new 'Go The Distance' course. On these pages, we'll hear from lots of different distance learning tutors and get their top tips for successful study. This week we focus on an important area of distance learning: tutor Patrick will tell us all about speaking and listening in an academic context.
á°á ááá1 Activity 08 Feb 2018
Welcome back to the 'Study and Exam Skills' area of our 'Go The Distance' course. Each episode brings you a short, fun animation, full of advice, tips and tricks to help you become a better learner in all the key areas of your study life. This time we look at the skill of note taking.
á°á ááá2 Activities 15 Feb 2018
It's time for Academic Writing – the course that gives you the tools you need to become an effective writer in your studies. In the area of academic writing we're looking at this time, it's super-important to get your words right; we're looking at the language of argument!