Internet inspiration - Topical materials
1. Ask learners to identify stories that they recognise
2. Use the headlines to get learners to predict what the stories are
3. Use the text to discuss/explain the language of journalism
4. "Translate" selected segments into English
5. Select a story/headline to use as cue for giving opinions or starting a debate
6. Use the illustrations for description and prediction exercises
Please contact us if you have any other ideas for using topical materials in class and we will publish the best ones.