The French Experience - Health and fitness
Forme et santé
You appear to be visiting BBC Languages website from outside of the UK. At present, we are restricted to streaming most our videos to the UK only. You can access the lower version of this video (narrowband options), which is located on the right-hand side of your screen.
People talking about the part of their body that they look after the most. As well as how you can go to the pharmacy and ask for a remedy to a health problem.
What you need to do to keep fit. Various people say what they do to keep healthy. They provide a range of ideas.
A health holiday
The aim of this spa in the Pyrenees is to relax its clients and make them feel healthy.
Details on what Médecins Sans Frontières do, how people are encouraged to apply and what the job entails, including what qualifications are needed.
- la jambeleg
- la mainhand
- le visageface
- l'espritmind (m)
- les poumonslungs (m)
- les yeuxeyes (m)
- Quelle est la partie de votre corps que vous soignez le plus ?Which part of your body do you look after most?
- Je soigne mes jambesI look after my legs
- J'aime bien ...I like ... a lot
- la pastille à sucerpastille, lozenge
- la fièvrefever, temperature
- la gorgethroat
- le suppositoiresuppository
- de l'aspirineaspirin
- avalerto swallow
- vaporiserto spray
- Je crois que ...I think that ...
- J'ai un rhumeI have a cold
- J'ai mal à la gorgeI have a sore throat
- J'ai un peu de fièvreI have a slight fever
- Qu'est-ce que vous me conseillez ?What do you recommend?
- Vous avez du mal à ... ?Do you have trouble ...?
- Je vais vous donner...I am going to give you...
- Si ça ne va pas mieux...If it doesn't get better...
- Il faut aller voir un médecinYou'll have to go and see a doctor
Talking about your body:
Talking to a chemist:
Shorter version for slower internet connections and non-UK users
More Videos from the Learning Zone
More than 3,000 clips from BBC programmes on Learning Zone Broadband ready to play in your classroom.