BBC HomeExplore the BBC

1 August 2014
Accessibility help
Text only
Other languages Languages

BBC Homepage
Languages
» European Languages
Languages
Countries
Family Tree
Definitions
Sources
Credits
 

Contact Us

Like this page?
Send it to a friend!

 

Albania Map of Albania

Albanian, the country's official language, is spoken by almost 98% of the population of Albania. There are two main spoken dialects of Albanian, southern Tosk and northern Gheg, and they are mutually intelligible. Minority languages that make up the remaining 2% are Greek (around 60,000 speakers), Romani (the same number), and in lesser numbers, Bulgarian and Serb.

BBC News Online country profile


Countries of Europe Countries Languages of Europe Languages
 


About the BBC | Help | Terms of Use | Privacy & Cookies Policy