Walker sent in Ten Famous people with Lancashire Town names...
1. Horatio NELSON - Admiral at Battle of Trafalgar.
2. George FORMBY - Comedian, singer, banjo player, film star
3. Bing CROSBY - Crooner, Film Star
4. Mike ATHERTON - England Test Cricketer
5. Vivien LEIGH - Star of films, theatre.
6. Burt LANCASTER - A handsome, vibrant, athletic film star, with
a long run of popularity
7. Dr. Samuel PRESCOTT - The man who actually completed the ride
that Paul Revere falsely took the credit for.
8. John MANCHESTER - Eyewitness to alleged conspiracy in assassination
of President John F. Kennedy
9. Paul INCE - England & Wolverhampton footballer.
10. Eric MORECAMBE - Comedian. A larger-than-life statue of Eric
Morecambe was unveiled by the Queen at Morecambe in 1999
from Leyland added these...
Ford - artist
Ross'n'Dale - comedians
Ray Green - golfer
The Great Harwood - magician
Bill Inge - DIY expert
Paddy Ham - actor
Stan Dish - male model
Sir Yealand Conyers - explorer
Oswald Twistle - politician
Rough Lee - wrestler
Thompson added these...
1. Alexei SALE - Comedian
2. Gareth HALE - Not a Comedian
3. June WHITEFIELD (all right it's not got the middle E in) - of
Terry and June
4. Kim CATERALL - Sexy and the City
5. Ivy TYLDSLEY - Coronation Street Charachter 6. Charles DARWEN
- Evolution Bloke
7. Nick HEYWOOD - Eighties Popster
8. Admiral NELSON - Aggressive Sailor
9. David MELLOR - Chelsea Shirt Wearing Politician
10. Tony AUDENSHAW - Barman in Emmerdale
11. Tracey SHAW - Former Corrie Minx
12. Burt LANCASTER - Movie Legend
13. Billy Bob THORNTON - Another Actor
14. BAMBER (Bridge) Gascoigne - THE Original University Challenge
15. Emile HESKETH BANK - Footballer who keeps falling over.
Janevicius added this...
The Who's John Entwistle
Mellor added these...
More lanky names from the Chorley borough...
ASTLEY pop singer
Frank WHITTLE inventor
Christopher ECCLESTON actor
James MAWDESLEY human rights campaigner
Luke RIVINGTON theologian
Mark CHARNOCK soap star
McCaughtrie added these...
Stuart Coppull (spelling?) - famous footy person
Chaplin? struggling now.....
Charlie CHESTER ....RADIO
Geri HALLIWELL... SINGER
Woolveridge added these...
Mike READ former radio 1 DJ
RADCLIFFE Marathon world record holder
from Preston added these...
What about cricketer Len HUTTON
comedy actor Frank THORNTON
and comic Bernie CLIFTON
and if you want to go fictional there's all the James BONDS
What about Kent WALTON or Issak WALTON (wrestling commentator and
Nelson could be under it's proper name of Jerry MARSDEN (Jerry and
Ansdell is named after a artist
Kirby from the singer Kathy Kirby,
Barrow from the explorer John Barrow and I think there is a John
Leyland but I am not sure what he did!
Joe Moxham added these...
Robert PRESTON - Actor
Bruno LANGLEY - Actor Coronation St.
Mick FLEETWOOD - Fleetwood Mac
Jimmy CLITHEROE - Comedian
Harry PILLING - ex Lancashire cricketer
Tony BLACKBURN - DJ
Gordon BANKS - England World Cup winner
Albert RAMSBOTTOM -Albert and the Lion
Charlotte CHURCH- Singer
Martin added this...
Michael Bolton - singer, known for his previously flowing locks
Whalley (no relation) added this...
Joanne Whalley (actress - who used to be Joanne Whalley-Kilmer when
married to Val Kilmer.......the days just fly by for me as you can
to the list...
silly stuff like this in Skiver's