Oh no - it's speech time again! Your
tutor has asked you to give a short talk.
Her brief is as follows:
A 4 minute long talk on a popular TV soap
opera. You need to explain the reasons why it is so popular.
|If your talk involves more than one person, you’ll each have to speak for at least 4 minutes each. The length of your talk should work out like this:
|1 person: 4 minutes
2 people: 8 minutes
3 people: 12 minutes
Before you decide on a topic, you need to
- Who are you giving your talk to?
- Are they your age?
- Do they know anything about the subject you'll be
- Using a friendly, informal style or something a bit
- Will they stay awake?
Not sure where to start? Here are some handy hints:
- You’ll need to give an introduction
- Say what you plan to talk about
- Say what you want to say
- Make good use of your image/s
- Have a conclusion
- Ask the audience for questions
- Say 'Thank you'
Go next to look at sorting out some content.