Anniversaries for previous months.
Royalty Slideshow notes
- The King's Christmas Message, 25 December, 1932. Broadcast live from a temporary studio at Sandringham House, simultaneously inaugurating the BBC Empire Service.
- The Abdication of King Edward VIII, 11 December 1936. This historic broadcast was made from Windsor Castle. As he was not now King, Sir John Reith introduced him as "His Royal Highness Prince Edward".
- A broadcast by HRH Princess Elizabeth and HRH Princess Margaret, 13 October 1940. Broadcast as part of Children's Hour on the BBC Home and BBC Empire Services, simultaneously inaugurating the BBC North American Service.
- Commander Stephen King-Hall commentating at the Outside Broadcast Box, St. Paul's Cathederal, Jubilee Day 1935.
- The first Queen's Christmas Message on television. 25 December 1957, at 1507 hrs from her study at Sandringham House.
- The Coronation of HRH Princess Elizabeth as Queen Elzabeth II.
2 June 1953, Westminster Abbey, with commentary by Richard Dimbleby.
- Peter Dimmock. Producer. Televising of the Coronation of HRH Princess Elizabeth as Queen Elizabeth II.
- Cliff Michelmore, Commentator. The Investiture of the Prince of Wales. 1 July 1969, Caernarfon Castle, Wales.
- Blue Peter: Royal Safari. Excerpt from a 35 minute documentary following HRH Princess Anne and presenter Valerie Singleton around Kenya, broadcast on 11 April, 1971.
- Newscaster Kenneth Kendell announces the engagement of HRH Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, to Lady Diana Spencer on 24 February 1981.
- Commentator and newscaster Angela Rippon recalls the 'crumpled frock' of the then Lady Diana Spencer on her wedding day at Westminster Abbey.
- Breakfast Time Presenter Selina Scott stands in for Terry Wogan on his TV talk show. She interviews Prince Andrew, Duke of York.
- HRH Prince William of Wales, and Catherine Elizabeth Middleton announce their engagement on 16 November 2011, with images of the marriage of His Royal Highness The Duke of Cambridge, Earl of Strathearn and Baron Carrickfergus, and Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge.
- Various images of The Royal Family accompanied by Zadok The Priest (Handel), sung by The Crouch End Festival Chorus.