- Contributed by
- People in story:
- Percy William "Bill" Abbott
- Article ID:
- Contributed on:
- 20 January 2006
Repairing damage to a gida after a storm
The caption reads 'Repairing damage to a gida (a hut) after a storm'
This photograph was taken whilst my Father, Bill Abbott, was serving overseas during the War.
This photograph was submitted to the People’s War site by Becky Barugh of the BBC Radio Shropshire CSV Action Desk on behalf of Sue Sharp who very kindly shared it with us. It has been added to the site with Mrs Sharp’s permission and she fully understands the site's terms and conditions.
See more of Sue Sharp’s father's stories and photographs:
- ‘Christmas, a time of happiness, peace… and good thing to eat’
- Greetings from India
- My first Christmas card
- Signalmen Abbott and Gardener
- The Highland Monarch
- The Atlantic on the way out
- A rather large wave
- Inside the gida
- On the road from Riga to Chickun
- Jos — Zaria, the four-mile loop
© Copyright of content contributed to this Archive rests with the author. Find out how you can use this.