- Contributed by
- Mark E
- Article ID:
- Contributed on:
- 27 May 2003
This month's collaborative article: evacuees
Take part in this month's topics by adding a message in the Forum at the bottom of this page. The latest subjects are rationing, evacuees and The Blitz, and over the next couple of weeks you can tell us your favourite memories or stories of these. The WW2 People's War Team will then collate these into an article co-authored by you.
Tell us your stories of evacuation:
- What was it like to be removed from your family and home at such a young age?
- What was it like to leave the city where you had been growing up?
- How did you adapt to life in the country?
- How easy was it to make new friends?
- What was it like going to a new school in a new town? Were you welcomed?
- Did you want to stay at home with your friends and family or did you see this as a 'new adventure'?
- What was it like as a parent to be separated from your children?
By leaving a short message here, be it a story of your own or one related to you by a friend or a relative, you will be able to contribute to a collaborative article for the WW2 homepage.
Three new topics will be available next month.
© Copyright of content contributed to this Archive rests with the author. Find out how you can use this.