More and more people are enjoying the addictive pleasure of tracking down their family history. The research can be fascinating, taking you from interviews with relatives to a search on the internet, through to local archives, or even graveyards. The result is a record of your ancestors, and the lives they led, which your family will treasure for generations to come.
The record sheets below will enable you to plan your research and record your findings. They are designed to record some of the fundamental information you will need to find out about your ancestors.
- First Information Sheet (PDF file 468KB/ 1 page)
- Civil Registration Indexes: Births (PDF file 448KB/ 1 page)
- Civil Registration Indexes: Deaths (PDF file 447KB/ 1 page)
- Civil Registration Indexes: Marriages (PDF file 449KB/ 1 page)
- Pedigree Chart (PDF file 543KB/ 1 page)
From Family History Starter Pack: All you need to begin your family history research by Simon Fowler (The National Archives, 2004)