Pyrford Court Pyrford Court was originally owned by Lord and Lady Iveagh. It was built in 1904 by Lord Iveagh on land given to him by his father-in-law, Lord Onslow. Later in the 1920's the west and east wings were added. Lord Iveagh died in 1968 and Pyrford court was empty until 1977. In 1978 Mr and Mrs Laikin bought the property. Pyrford Court has 20 acres of land and the gardens are opened to the public twice a year. Pear Tree Ford is now an old people's home employing 10 staff. Barataria Mobile Home Park The Barataria Mobile Home Park was founded in 1962 when it was originally called the Star Farm Caravan and camping site. There are 29 mobile homes, most permanently situated with their own gardens and mains services.
Map of the area
© Crown copyright and database rights Ordnance Survey 100039117
Search the Domesday Site
What is Domesday?
In 1986 the BBC launched an ambitious project to record a snapshot of everyday life across the UK for future generations. A million volunteers took part… read more here
In 2011 the BBC published the survey online and for six months invited updates to the photographs and text to celebrate the 25th anniversary.
Shortly afterwards the website was added to The National Archives’ UK Government Web Archive.
If you are reading this via UK Government Web Archive, then the original Domesday search function and contact form will not work. This is a consequence of the archiving process. See Using Domesday for more details.