2011 Village Centre - East Wittering
During the last 25 years there have been alot of changes to the village centre. A new Tesco store opened and the Co-operatvie was recently refurbished. There are many other smaller shops (some have been here all the time) such as butchers, bakers, grocers, sweet shops estate agents and restaurants.
There are lots of side roads but the main shops are roughly on two roads making a T shape. Most shops rely heavily on Tourism. Parking charges were introduced to the car parks in Witterings in 2011.
Today the land close to the beach is very desirable, this means it is very expensive.
Contribution by: The children of East Wittering School
Pictures from this D-block
Written accounts from this D-block
- Focus On East Wittering Area
- Wittering Focus Part Two
- East Wittering Village
- East Witt. Village Centre
- East Witt. School Field
- East Wittering C.p.school
- East Wittering Library
- Farms On Manhood Peninsula
- Wittering Farm Development
- Produce From Wittering Farms
- Produce Of Wittering Farms
- Horticulture In Witterings
- Birds In East Wittering
- Seashore At The Witterings
- Exploring Witterings Beach
- Churches Of East Wittering
- Earnley Mill
- Witterings Health Centre
- Witterings Rest Homes
- East Wittering Fire Station
- East Wittering Fire Station2011
- Beautiful Beach!2011
- Village Centre - East Wittering2011
- The Village Library2011
- East Wittering - School Field2011
- East Wittering Community Primary School2011
Map of the area
© Crown copyright and database rights Ordnance Survey 100039117
Search the Domesday Site
What is Domesday?
In 1986 the BBC launched an ambitious project to record a snapshot of everyday life across the UK for future generations. A million volunteers took part… read more here
In 2011 the BBC published the survey online and for six months invited updates to the photographs and text to celebrate the 25th anniversary.
Shortly afterwards the website was added to The National Archives’ UK Government Web Archive.
If you are reading this via UK Government Web Archive, then the original Domesday search function and contact form will not work. This is a consequence of the archiving process. See Using Domesday for more details.