1986 The History of St.John's

  St.John's school, Ripley, was built  
 in 1868 on its original site at       
 Greenhillocks on Derby Road,close to  
 St.John's Church.It was a mission     
 school originally and later became    
 known as St.John's. Its full title is 
                                       
    Ripley St.John's C of E Primary    
    (Voluntary Controlled).            
                                       
  The School moved to its new site on  
 Dannah Street, Ripley in 1971.Children
 from the Marehay area now have to use 
 buses to get to and from school       
 because of the distance.              
                                       
                                       
                                       
                                       
                                       
                                       
                                       
 

Map of the area

What is Domesday?

In 1986 the BBC launched an ambitious project to record a snapshot of everyday life across the UK for future generations. A million volunteers took part…  read more here

In 2011 the BBC published the survey online and for six months invited updates to the photographs and text to celebrate the 25th anniversary.

Shortly afterwards the website was added to The National Archives’ UK Government Web Archive.

If you are reading this via UK Government Web Archive, then the original Domesday search function and contact form will not work. This is a consequence of the archiving process. See Using Domesday for more details.