the plans which are being revealed for the first time: Plan
one - Plan two
unveiling of alternative plans for the Edgar Street Development
in Hereford are made public for the first time.
will have to be made between the options and local people and organisations
will be asked to comment over the next few weeks.
Edgar Street Grid covers 100 acres of the northern part of Hereford
is bounded by Commercial Road, Blueschool Street and Edgar Street
and stretches up to Hereford railway station.
Council want to give the whole area a makeover, integrate it with
the rest of Hereford and create a more vibrant city.
key issues for the plans are:
Rationalising land use and ensuring it is served effectively and
safely by improved road system and parking facilities
• Making sure established and thriving uses can be an integrated
part of the new scheme
• Integrating the site into the city centre
• Encouraging the historic part of the city to 'cross the ring road'
• Investigating the restoration of the canal basin
• Proper integration of the railway station
• The football ground
• Developing new gateways and entrances to the city
• Making the Courtyard Theatre part of the city centre
• The ring road
• Safeguarding and opening up the historic parts of the city
• Promoting new employment, leisure and culture opportunities
• Integrating transport, pedestrian facilities and parking
• Investigating the effects on wider context and the wider community
us know what you think of the plans here.