This is the second year of the Acorns Triple Run, designed to appeal to all age groups, levels of fitness and sporting ability:
- The Malvern Half Marathon - 13.1 miles for the committed runner and the
County’s first official half marathon.
- The Malvern Spring – A 5K run/ walk in a beautiful wooded area designed to appeal to cross country runners, families , fun runners, dog walkers.
- The Chicken Run – A 1.1K course specifically designed to be accessible for children with special needs: flat and wheel chair friendly.
|Route of the Acorns' triple run|
This year The Chicken Run is being helped by Aardman Animations, who will bring props to make it look like their film of the same name.
Although the course is in the shadow of the Malverns the route is predominantly flat.
Worcester Athletics club is helping organise the event, and there will be regular water stations, full medical backup, and a team of marshalls to ensure the safety of runners.
Each race ends at the same finishing line and everyone who takes part will receive a medal in recognition of achieving their own personal best.
The Acorns Triple Run is designed to:
- Give everyone the opportunity to achieve their personal best.
- Break down any existing barriers between able and disabled children since all
competitors will finish under the same finishing line.
- Create an awareness that many children have difficult personal needs.
- Allow children the opportunity to compete alongside strong and top athletes giving them the chance to copy and learn.
- Provide an event where all members of the family can participate together with three different distance courses.
- Give people a sense of achievement and allow children the opportunity to gain the excitement and enjoyment achieved through competition within sport.
For more details and an application form, please contact BBC Hereford and Worcester Action:
0845 300 5006