Criteria for linking to external sites or other content
Criteria for linking to third party sites will vary to some extent depending on the reason for offering the link.
In general terms, the external site should:
- be relevant to the BBC content from which a link is envisaged
- meet the needs of a UK-based audience
- meet the expectations of the likely audience. For example, a link from a BBC site which is likely to appeal to a high proportion of children should contain content which is suitable for children. It should not contain content which is clearly unsuitable for children
- be regularly reviewed and refreshed where necessary
- normally be free to access.