Automatically generated links
Before offering automatically generated links to external sites from BBC content, we will need to think carefully about:
- whether the relevant genre of editorial content is suitable for this method
- only doing this where we can select from appropriate recognised and reputable sources
- which content pages may be editorially suitable for this method
- how long the links should remain up
- doing regular monitoring of the quality of the material on the pages/sites being linked to
- legal risks
- how to remove automated links from specific stories quickly.
Content producers should refer to the relevant Interactive Divisional Head before installing such links.