The clock is ticking, the excitement is building and the final preparations are being made. The BBC Experience 2006 is almost upon us.
The star-studded family fun day takes place on Sunday 2nd April at GL1 Gloucester Leisure Centre. Meet your favourite TV & radio celebrities, look behind the scenes at the BBC and even book yourself on one of our scheduled tours of the BBC studios.
|BBC characters take to the streets of Gloucester|
The county has already had a taste of what's to come when we took part of The BBC Experience on the road to Cirencester, Stroud and Gloucester Cross.
Shoppers' jaws dropped when they came face-to-face with a Dalek, a Cyberman and K9 from Doctor Who along with Pudsey Bear, a Dad's Army-style Home Guard, an 'extra' from Casualty and a traditional dinner-jacketed BBC Announcer.
Check out our picture gallery (click on the link below) and see if you can spot anyone you know?
You can see many more BBC props, costumes and characters at The BBC Experience 2006. Remember that there's ample parking in the city centre, Gloucester bus and railway stations are just a few hundred yards away, there's a café and full disabled facilities at GL1 and admission to the event is completely FREE.
|Roger Lloyd Pack|
See you there !
Bigger and better
Once again we're staging a huge celebration of the BBC and this time it's bigger, better and more star-studded than ever.
Come and meet the Daleks and the Cybermen from Doctor Who. Plus celebrities from Dad's Army, Only Fools & Horses, Antiques Roadshow, BBC TV Sport, Midlands Today, Points West and BBC Radio Gloucestershire.
The 'Casualty' special effects team will also be on hand to show-off their fake blood and phony limbs, while the story of broadcasting during the 1939-45 era will be on view in the 'BBC at War' Exhibition.
We'll reveal the behind-the-scenes secrets of British broadcasting and there'll be props, sets, costumes, film shows and displays - as well as interactive fun & games for all ages. So what are you waiting for?
Where and when is The BBC Experience 2006 being held?
This fantastic celebration of the BBC - Past, Present & Future will take place at:
GL1 Gloucester Leisure Centre, Bruton Way, Gloucester
Date: Sunday 2nd April 2006
Time: 10am - 5pm
Entry is FREE
Meet The Stars!
Appearing at The BBC Experience 2006 will be:
- Dad's Army star Bill Pertwee (Chief Warden Hodges)
- Roger Lloyd Pack who played Trigger in Only Fools & Horses
- The face of BBC TV Sport, Rob Bonnet
- Henry Sandon from The Antiques Roadshow
- Alan Dedicoat - BBC Radio 2 & 'The Voice of the Balls'
- Nick Owen and Shefali Oza from Midlands Today
- Chris Vacher and Alex Lovell from Points West
- BBC TV Weatherman Richard Angwin
- Pudsey Bear
This will be the fourth BBC Experience to be held in Gloucester and it's fast becoming a magnet for visitors from all over the county and beyond. Last time more than 5,000 visitors enjoyed the free entertainment.
BBC Radio Gloucestershire's Vernon Harwood says "This is one of the biggest events of its kind in the UK and it's our way of saying 'Thank You' to our listeners, viewers and web surfers."
Other highlights include:
- Doctor Who Exhibition: The Daleks, The Cybermen, K-9 & the Tardis.
- The Trotter's Flat and Del's Three-Wheeler from "Only Fools & Horses".
- "Casualty" Special Effects Team.
- BBC at War Exhibition: Memories and radio relics from 1939-1945.
- Tony Hancock, "Dad's Army" & "Goon Show" memorabilia.
- BBC Bristol Film Archive.
- TV & Radio Sound Effects.
- Montacute Museum of Radio & TV Memorabilia.
- Washford Radio Museum.
- Pudsey Bear.
- The Big Red BBC Bus.
- Tours of the BBC Radio Gloucestershire studios.
- BBC Gloucestershire Online - come and surf the BBC's web pages.
- …and lots, lots more.
So keep this date in your diary free - Sunday 2nd April 2006. Come to The BBC Experience in Gloucester for feast of radio and TV fun, and a day you'll never forget!