All content on the BBC How to be a gardener website is protected by copyright. Any image that is not BBC copyright has a © link in its caption. Click this link to see contact information for the appropriate copyright holder.
Non-BBC copyright images have been reproduced by courtesy of the following:
- © Jonathan Buckley 2002. Images taken from How to be a gardener - Book One. The book to accompany the series is available at all major retailers and at the BBC Shop
Video clips, stills and time-lapse photography
Find out more information about the series here.
- Taken from the BBC 2 series, How to be a gardener
With thanks to:
Toby Musgrave (Horticultural Consultant)
- Alan Titchmarsh
- Kath Moore and the How to be a gardener programme team
- Toby Musgrave
- Nick Rigden
- BBC Books, for the use of material from How to be a gardener - Book One
- Lee Probert – interface and Flash design/coding
- Simon White – Flash design on 'Light levels challenge'
- Royal Horticultural Society
- Arlington Enterprises
Dr Toby Musgrave is a freelance designer, lecturer, author, journalist and television presenter. In additional to his work on this course, he acted as horticultural consultant on How to be a gardener for the television series.
Toby lectures on garden history to audiences across Britain including Oxford University, Oxford University Botanic Gardens, Bristol University and the Royal Horticultural Society.
Nick Rigden (Horticultural Consultant)
Nick Rigden has been actively involved in horticultural education since 1969 as a practical instructor, lecturer and for seventeen years Head of Horticulture, initially at Plumpton Agricultural College, Sussex and latterly Cannington College, Somerset.
He has a broad knowledge and experience of horticulture and gardening as a practitioner, lecturer, exhibitor and judge, regularly exhibiting with Cannington College at major shows including Chelsea, where he also judges in the science and education section.
He is Vice Chairman of the Royal Horticultural Society's Examination Board and currently Senior Examiner for their Diploma examinations. He was elected a Fellow of the Institute of Horticulture in 1994.
The BBC is not responsible for content on external websites.