Friday 27 Jun 2014 Pyramid Stage
Elbow on the Pyramid stage
Pilton's perfect match
"Throw those curtains wide. One day like this a year would see me right".
Well your tent might not be posh enough to have curtains, but apart from that, you'd be hard pressed to find a more perfect line to describe the euphoria found at the Pyramid Stage when Elbow perform. With the sun setting on the first full day, these Mancunian indie heroes are a magical choice.
Progressing from the sorrowful elegance of debut album Asleep In The Back to the life-affirming tunes of sixth release The Take Off and Landing of Everything, the Guy Garvey-led collective have picked up huge critical acclaim, including a Mercury Music Prize for The Seldom Seen Kid in 2008. They are regulars to Pilton, with Stuart Maconie describing their 2011 Pyramid stage set as 'career-defining.'
With the foot-stomping beats of Grounds For Divorce sitting harmoniously aside the heartbreaking My Sad Captains, you won't want to move a muscle throughout this spellbinding set.
Elbow at Glastonbury 2014
Set List on Pyramid Stage on 27 Jun 2014 at Worthy Farm, Pilton
- Slow Moving Water (Glastonbury 2014)
- Charge (Glastonbury 2014)
- The Bones of You (Glastonbury 2014)
- Fly Boy Blue / Lunette (Glastonbury 2014)
- New York Morning (Glastonbury 2014)
- Real Life (Angel) (Glastonbury 2014)
- The Birds (Glastonbury 2014)
- Grounds for Divorce (Glastonbury 2014)
- My Sad Captains (Glastonbury 2014)
- Lippy Kids (Glastonbury 2014)
- One Day Like This (Glastonbury 2014)