- MessiaenOlivier Messiaen 1908–1992
- Les offrandes oubliées (11 mins)
- Pascal Dusapin b.1955
- Morning in Long Island (Concerto No. 1 for large orchestra)BBC co-commission with Radio France UK premiere (33 mins)
- BeethovenLudwig van Beethoven 1770–1827
- Frank Braley piano
- Renaud Capuçon violin
- Gautier Capuçon cello
- Orchestre Philharmonique de Radio France
- Myung-Whun Chung Conductor
About this event
Introducing the French strand in this year's season, Myung-Whun Chung and his Paris-based orchestra preface an exciting new commission from a prominent contemporary voice with the first orchestral work of a great man briefly his teacher.
Shaping the raw power of massed orchestral forces comes naturally to the eclectic and prolific Pascal Dusapin, who combines stylistic experimentation - earlier works have featured archaic-sounding scales and microtones - with emotional directness.
After the interval a Beethovenian rarity, one of several concertos for two or more instruments being presented in 2011. Frank Braley is joined by the brothers Capuçon, who, like Dusapin, are Proms first-timers.
Please note change of artist: Martha Argerich will no longer be appearing