SOIL & "PIMP" SESSIONS with jamie cullum
FreeDM Studio, Roundhouse
Thursday 25 October
Copy this code to add this slideshow to your webpage:
Sorry, we were only able to keep performance videos online for a week after the festival. But you can still watch the making of the gig.
You can take this video and put it on your webpage (MySpace, Blog etc). It works in a similar way to video sharing sites such as YouTube, Google Video and MySpace video.
To embed a video all you need to do is cut and paste the HTML code in the box below. Copy the HTML code for the clip you want and then paste it in where you would like the clip to appear on your page.
- * The terms only allow you to embed the video on your personal pages and not copy or republish it
- * You may not embed the video on sites that contain illegal, distasteful or offensive material such as porn or hate sites
- * Video content is only available to UK users
- * The BBC reserves the right to remove the video without notice
on the bbc
- Radio 1
- Radio 1 hosted SOIL & "PIMP" SESSIONS as part of Gilles Peterson's show
Minute by minute report, via text message, by the BBC's Pete Marsh
- 20.30 - SOIL & "PIMP" take the stage. Jamie Cullum was right - they look like rock stars!
- 20.40 - Dry Ice! At a jazz gig?
- 20.42 - Saxophonist Motaharu's first solo sends the crowd bonkers. He does a good foghorn impression too.
- 20.52 - The band have their very own Bez - his name is Shacho and his job is to whip up the crowd. He's earning his money tonight.
- 21.20 - Shacho displays his prowess with the cowbell. Things are getting groovy and the dancefloor is heaving.
- 21.30 - Jamie Cullum arrives!
- 21.36 - One number in and Jamie's shirt is off...
- 21.40 - Motaharu is very, very cool in a cosmic sort of way. The crowd love him.
- 21.52 - Jamie asks if we'd rather be upstairs watching Macca. We say no.
- 21.53 - They're stretching out on a Herbie Hancock tune. Nice. And Jamie's showing off his piano skills quite nicely too. It's getting hotter.
- 22.00 - Shacho has a megaphone and the band are getting wilder, more intense. The temperature in the room has doubled. At least.
- 22.01 - ...and then when it seemed like they could go on all night... they're gone!
also at bbc electric proms
- Other performances
- Basquiat Strings with special guests
- Mark Ronson with special guests and the BBC Concert Orchestra
- Paul McCartney
- Kaiser Chiefs via David Arnold
- Bloc Party
- Ray Davies and friends
- Agaskodo Teliverek
- Ben Westbeech
- Basquiat Strings
- The Beatles: Help!
- Bob Dylan: The Other Side of the Mirror
- Breed 77
- Charlie Louvin
- The Chemical Brothers
- Cold War Kids
- The Coral
- Daft Punk: Electroma
- Duke Special
- Durrty Goodz
- Edwyn Collins
- The Enemy
- The Flaming Lips:
UFOs at the Zoo
- Kano presents London Town
- Kid Harpoon
- Noah and the Whale
- Once in a Blue Moon:
A tribute to Lal Waterson
- The Metros
- New Cassettes
- Radio Luxembourg
- Reverend and the Makers
- The Riff Raff and Riz MC
- Sam Isaac
- Sigur Rós: Heima
- SOIL & "PIMP" SESSIONS with Jamie Cullum
- Taio Cruz