Sunday 28 October
Troubadour Sam Isaac rallies friends to help make artwork, do recording and direct music videos, and in return he straps on his acoustic guitar and sings insightful songs. One of the five BBC Introducing artists selected for this year's Electric Proms, Sam opened for Edwyn Collins.
Copy this code to add this slideshow to your webpage:
on the bbc
- These Last Few Months
- When The Silhouette Drops
- I Traided My Friends For You
- Contingency Plan
- Carbon Dating
- Falling Sounds From Across the Atlantic
Minute by minute report, via text message, by the BBC's Richard Berry
- 19.51 - Dingwalls offers a welcome glow after the flooded streets of Camden.
- 19.54 - Looks like Sam will have some lush accompaniment tonight...
- 19.55 - It's a health and safety announcement! Fire exits to left and right, don't you know it.
- 19.57 - There s a buzz in the air as the crowd start to mark their territory at the front.
- 20.03 - The strings are tuning up...
- 20.04 - Bethan Elfyn introduces Sam.
- 20.07 - Piano accompanies his quite beautiful voice and now those strings join in. Pleased to meet you Sam.
- 20.09 - Acoustic guitar chimes for 'When The Silhouette Drops' Cameras start flashing.
- 20.13 - The crowd are certainly engaged. The sound induces smiles across the room.
- 20.17 - It's the next single now, 'Sideways'. Sam is excited about the video. He is completely unphased.
- 20.18 - I spy well knowns and big wigs in the crowd...
- 20.23 - Sam loses the guitar, sings his heart out under blue light. The music cushions his vocal.
- 20.24 - That gets the whole house cheering.
- 20.27 - 'Berlin' next. It's about burning fish fingers apparently. Sam gives us a huge smile.
- 20.31 - Sam asks us to clap through the last third of 'Carbon Dating' at the prompt so it sounds good and gets on the radio! Sure, we will oblige.
- 20.32 - The vibe of the acoustic is 'Pretty Girls Make Graves' by The Smiths. Of course that's just me.
- 20.34 - On cue! We clap to the end. Rousing up to the rafters...
- 20.38 - Last track now, it's a sound you could live in for ages. Cinematic, it soars, pauses then glides back down.
- 20.41 - Sam leaves the stage to applause and cheers. He'll be back soon, of that there's no doubt...
- 20.53 - I spy an Edwyn clone or ten!
- 20.56 - At least one fifth of Oasis is here. As is the wonderful Bernard Butler. What a presence!
- 21.06 - Just ran into Sam post gig. "That was the most fun I have had on stage", he said.
- Mark Ronson with special guests and the BBC Concert Orchestra
- Paul McCartney
- Kaiser Chiefs via David Arnold
- Bloc Party
- Ray Davies and friends
- Agaskodo Teliverek
- Ben Westbeech
- Basquiat Strings
- The Beatles: Help!
- Bob Dylan: The Other Side of the Mirror
- Breed 77
- Charlie Louvin
- The Chemical Brothers
- Cold War Kids
- The Coral
- Daft Punk: Electroma
- Duke Special
- Durrty Goodz
- Edwyn Collins
- The Enemy
- The Flaming Lips:
UFOs at the Zoo
- Kano presents London Town
- Kid Harpoon
- Noah and the Whale
- Once in a Blue Moon:
A tribute to Lal Waterson
- The Metros
- New Cassettes
- Radio Luxembourg
- Reverend and the Makers
- The Riff Raff and Riz MC
- Sam Isaac
- Sigur Rós: Heima
- SOIL & "PIMP" SESSIONS with Jamie Cullum
- Taio Cruz