reverend and the makers
Friday 26 October
Lead by charismatic sometime-poet, Jon Mclure, Sheffield's Reverend and the Makers album ‘The State of Things’ features radio friendly tracks ‘Heavyweight Champion of the World’ and ‘He Said He Loved Me’. They headlined an energetic show at Camden's Barfly.
Copy this code to add this slideshow to your webpage:
Sorry, we were only able to keep performance videos online for a week after the festival. But you can still watch an interview with John from the band.
You can take this video and put it on your webpage (MySpace, Blog etc). It works in a similar way to video sharing sites such as YouTube, Google Video and MySpace video.
To embed a video all you need to do is cut and paste the HTML code in the box below. Copy the HTML code for the clip you want and then paste it in where you would like the clip to appear on your page.
- * The terms only allow you to embed the video on your personal pages and not copy or republish it
- * You may not embed the video on sites that contain illegal, distasteful or offensive material such as porn or hate sites
- * Video content is only available to UK users
- * The BBC reserves the right to remove the video without notice
on the bbc
- State of Things
- What The Milkman Saw
- Open Your Window
- Politics on Pogostick
- Miss Brown
- Dear Lydia
- Sundown on the Empire
- The Machine
- Armchair Detective
- He Said He Loved Me
Minute by minute report, via text message, by the BBC's Zoe Fletcher.
- 21.35 - This crowd are excited, they're even singing along with the warm up music. Bob Marley - 'Don't Worry bout a Thing'!
- 21.38 - Once again, Steve Lammacq's too short for the mic stand - it's Rev & the Makers!
- 21.42 - Kicking off with the title track from the album 'The State of Things' the Barfly has its hands in the air
- 21.44 - John shouts at the crowd "c'mon!" there's a madness in his eyes
- 21.48 - The leather jackets off, John means business!
- 21.51 - Such a tease! The revs got one of the photographers cameras & he's taking pics of the audience
- 21.52 - Everyone's clapping in time
- 21.55 - I wanna get away on a holiday - lalala lalalala la!
- 21.56 - Audience participation on the la's nice!
- 22.00 - Open your window! The bass and people jumping is making the Barfly shake
- 22.01 - Time for a new poem -admiral solemn west
- 22.06 - Its time for 'Heavyweight Champion of the World' and the Barfly feels like it'll collapse!
- 22.09 - This crowd hang on John McClure's every word!
- 22.13 - Are we feeling good? YEAH! Time for 'Miss Brown' then and some hot vocoder action!
- 22.19 - Its a bit like watching a yorkshire version of animal off the muppets
- 22.23 - A mellow moment in the set - all the camera phones are out
- 22.24 - Lapsing into 'Karma Coma' by faithless
- 22.24 - Bit of a swap around onstage...
- 22.34 - John's gonna do a bit of busking after the gig - the crowd seem to like the idea!
- 22.36 - Laura's come out from behind the keys to 'chav it up' centre stage!
- 22.38 - 1, 2, 3 - woo!
- 22.39 - The rev's sermon ends to rapturous applause & calls for an encore
- 22.49 - Time for an impromptu singalong over the rd with reverend & his acoustic guitar
- 22.50 - Morrisons has never been so rock & roll
- 22.50 - Nowhere man by the beatles!
- 22.53 - The number 27 bus driver seems very confused!
- 22.54 - Bob Marley - 'Jammin' is going down well!
- 22.58 - Random people in camden dunno whats happening!
- 22.59 - An actual rasta busker has taken over! Chaos!
- 23.02 - Hes now singing a song he wrote today to a priveleged few!
- 23.03 - Oasis singalong!
also at bbc electric proms
- Mark Ronson with special guests and the BBC Concert Orchestra
- Paul McCartney
- Kaiser Chiefs via David Arnold
- Bloc Party
- Ray Davies and friends
- Agaskodo Teliverek
- Ben Westbeech
- Basquiat Strings
- The Beatles: Help!
- Bob Dylan: The Other Side of the Mirror
- Breed 77
- Charlie Louvin
- The Chemical Brothers
- Cold War Kids
- The Coral
- Daft Punk: Electroma
- Duke Special
- Durrty Goodz
- Edwyn Collins
- The Enemy
- The Flaming Lips:
UFOs at the Zoo
- Kano presents London Town
- Kid Harpoon
- Noah and the Whale
- Once in a Blue Moon:
A tribute to Lal Waterson
- The Metros
- New Cassettes
- Radio Luxembourg
- Reverend and the Makers
- The Riff Raff and Riz MC
- Sam Isaac
- Sigur Rós: Heima
- SOIL & "PIMP" SESSIONS with Jamie Cullum
- Taio Cruz