Main Space, Roundhouse
Thursday 25 October
McCartney released ‘Memory Almost Full’ his 21st solo album earlier this year to a resounding response, having sold over a million copies worldwide.
A master of melodies, the former Beatle was joined by a special string section, for a truly memorable event.
Copy this code to add this slideshow to your webpage:
Sorry we were only able to keep performance videos online for a week after the festival.
on the bbc
- Magical Mystery Tour
- Flaming Pie
- Got To Get You Into My Life
- Dance Tonight
- Only Mama Knows
- The Long And Winding Road
- Follow The Sun
- That Was Me
- Here Today
- Calico Skies
- Eleanor Rigby
- Band On The Run
- House Of Wax
- I Got A Feeling
- Live And Let Die
- Hey Jude
- Let It Be
- Lady Madonna
- I Saw Her Standing There
- Get Back
Minute by minute report, via text message, by the BBC's Jane Long.
- 19.59 - At 7pm the queue stretched halfway to Belsize Park. Five minutes to go and already the packed crowd are going wild.
- 20.05 - And straight into 'Magical Mystery Tour'. This is one man who doesn't need to worry about wasting his hits early in the set!
- 20.07 - Paul's looking damn sharp in a skinny mod suit.
- 20.09 - It's "a long time" since he's been in the Roundhouse...
- 20.12 - He's got his mandolin out. Must be time for 'Dance Tonight'.
- 20.15 - The jacket comes off. Some ladies down the front seem a bit over excited!
- 20.16 - 'Only Mama Knows' is complemented by a string octet.
- 20.18 - First Wings song of the night and it's the early b side 'C'Moon'.
- 20.24 - Sticking at the piano for 'The Long And Winding Road'. It's the first big singalong of the night.
- 20.29 - There are a lot of glowsticks in the audience tonight. Anyone would think we were at a Klaxons gig.
- 20.36 - Macca pays tribute to John with 'Here Today' and gets the biggest cheer of the night so far.
- 20.42 - The strings return for 'Calico Skies'.
- 20.43 - Paul asks for an audience wave, and he gets one.
- 20.48 - 'Eleanor Rigby' now and Paul's drummer is up and dad-dancing at the back.
- 20.51 - The Wings songs are going down as well as The Beatles ones. 'Band On The Run' now and two headbangers down the front are loving it.
- 20.55 - Signs in the crowd show people have travelled from as far afield as Canada and Japan for this gig.
- 21.04 - Macca's band take over Lennon's vocals on 'I Got A Feeling'.
- 21.06 - Macca's spotted an X-Factor contestant in the audience...
- 21.08 - 'Live and Let Die' comes complete with pyrotechnics.
- 21.09 - Paul's thumping those keys Jerry Lee Lewis style.
- 21.11 - An impromptu baby face turns into the ultimate singalong, 'Hey Jude'.
- 21.15 - "Na na na, na na na na, na na na na Hey Juuuuuude".
- 21.17 - The balcony is finally on its feet.
- 21.21 - He's off but not for long... Back to the piano for 'Let It Be'.
- 21.22 - The smoking ban hasn't stopped an age-old tradition. Lighters in the air.
- 21.27 - The bass is back on for 'I Saw Her Standing There'. That voice doesn't seem to have aged. Close your eyes and you could almost be in The Cavern
- 21.31 - What a gig! You can tell this audience will be talking about it for years to come.
- 21.33 - Hang on, he's back!
- 21.38 - Macca plays 'Get Back' and then he's gone... but you get the feeling he could have gone on for a few more hours at least.
also at bbc electric proms
- Mark Ronson with special guests and the BBC Concert Orchestra
- Paul McCartney
- Kaiser Chiefs via David Arnold
- Bloc Party
- Ray Davies and friends
- Agaskodo Teliverek
- Ben Westbeech
- Basquiat Strings
- The Beatles: Help!
- Bob Dylan: The Other Side of the Mirror
- Breed 77
- Charlie Louvin
- The Chemical Brothers
- Cold War Kids
- The Coral
- Daft Punk: Electroma
- Duke Special
- Durrty Goodz
- Edwyn Collins
- The Enemy
- The Flaming Lips:
UFOs at the Zoo
- Kano presents London Town
- Kid Harpoon
- Noah and the Whale
- Once in a Blue Moon:
A tribute to Lal Waterson
- The Metros
- New Cassettes
- Radio Luxembourg
- Reverend and the Makers
- The Riff Raff and Riz MC
- Sam Isaac
- Sigur Rós: Heima
- SOIL & "PIMP" SESSIONS with Jamie Cullum
- Taio Cruz