kano presents london town
Saturday 27 October
Kane Brett Robinson or 'Kano' put aside a promising football career to become one of London's foremost rappers. He performed songs from his second album, ‘London Town’ for the BBC Electric Proms 1Xtra night with special guest vocals from Craig David.
Copy this code to add this slideshow to your webpage:
Sorry, we were only able to keep performance videos online for a week after the festival. But you can still watch an interview with Kano.
You can take this video and put it on your webpage (MySpace, Blog etc). It works in a similar way to video sharing sites such as YouTube, Google Video and MySpace video.
To embed a video all you need to do is cut and paste the HTML code in the box below. Copy the HTML code for the clip you want and then paste it in where you would like the clip to appear on your page.
- * The terms only allow you to embed the video on your personal pages and not copy or republish it
- * You may not embed the video on sites that contain illegal, distasteful or offensive material such as porn or hate sites
- * Video content is only available to UK users
- * The BBC reserves the right to remove the video without notice
on the bbc
- London Town
- Buss It Up
- Fightin' The Nation - with Fraiser Smith
- Feel Free
- Sleep Tight
- This Is The Girl - with Craig David
- Me and My Microphone
- Over and Over
- This Is My Life (Thin Line) - with Priscilla
- MC Grime
- Typical Me
- Nite Nite
- P's & Q's
Minute by minute report, via text message,as seen by the BBC's Corinne Roper
- 20.26 - Rumour has it Kano is in the building. Until then its heavy tunes from 1Xtra's Cameo on the decks.
- 20.32 - Craig David is in the building...wearing sunglasses.
- 20.43 - Craig David and Kano are bopping in the backstage bar. Cameo's doing 1Xtra proud..
- 20.51 - Twin B's warming up the crowd, getting them to big up the acts. Hold tight, Kano up next.
- 20.53 - The ladies are out in full force lining up at the front of the stage for Kano.
- 21.07 - "Don't worry about the name Jazz Cafe, you gonna get grinding in a minute", says Kano as he hits the stage.
- 21.12 - Kano's spittin' fire into the mic.
- 21.18 - Crowd are getting wild for the smooth dance inducing keyboards in 'Bad Boy'.
- 21.22 - Kano's going acoustic to sing a cover of 'Police and Thieves' and it gets the crowd cheering.
- 21.32 - The choral warmth of new single 'Feel Free' with Damon Albarn's vocals playing out is a nice twist in the set.
- 21.34 - 'Sleep Tight' sings Kano. The crowd aren't anywhere close to drifting off at all and they show it, stamping their feet.
- 21.35 - Kano has some banter with the crowd before inviting Craig on stage for 'This Is The Girl'.
- 21.37 - Craig's wearing a gold suit jacket with shades. Looks a bit like a Madame Tussauds wax work!
- 21.38 - Both guys look like they are dancing in front of an invisible wind machine.
- 21.40 - A girl in the front row just tugged at Kano's kecks.
- 21.45 - Funky guitar hooks and heavy head boppin' bass for 'Over And Over'.
- 21.49 - He takes some time out to introduce his band before inviting Priscilla Jones on stage to sing with him.
- 21.52 - 'This Is Me!' Priscilla and Kano belt out... fighting for vocal space.
- 21.59 - Kano leaves the stage, but returns to shouts and screams from the crowd and launches into 'Typical Me'.
- 22.07 - Kano works the audience in to a frenzy with the Mike Skinner collaboration track 'NiteNite'. Kano ends the track with a bit of crowd surfing... from the stage.
- 22.09 - Kano gives a shout out to his fans who were there from the beginning and then launches into 'P's And Q's'.
also at bbc electric proms
- Performed alongside Kano presents London Town:
- Other performances:
- Mark Ronson and guests with the BBC Concert Orchestra
- Mark Ronson with special guests and the BBC Concert Orchestra
- Paul McCartney
- Kaiser Chiefs via David Arnold
- Bloc Party
- Ray Davies and friends
- Agaskodo Teliverek
- Ben Westbeech
- Basquiat Strings
- The Beatles: Help!
- Bob Dylan: The Other Side of the Mirror
- Breed 77
- Charlie Louvin
- The Chemical Brothers
- Cold War Kids
- The Coral
- Daft Punk: Electroma
- Duke Special
- Durrty Goodz
- Edwyn Collins
- The Enemy
- The Flaming Lips:
UFOs at the Zoo
- Kano presents London Town
- Kid Harpoon
- Noah and the Whale
- Once in a Blue Moon:
A tribute to Lal Waterson
- The Metros
- New Cassettes
- Radio Luxembourg
- Reverend and the Makers
- The Riff Raff and Riz MC
- Sam Isaac
- Sigur Rós: Heima
- SOIL & "PIMP" SESSIONS with Jamie Cullum
- Taio Cruz