Thursday 25 October
Exponents of the mash-up genre of grindie, (a cross between grime and indie rock for the uninitiated) Leeds boys Hadouken combined energetic stage presence, heavy rock and synths at Camden's Barfly.
Copy this code to add this slideshow to your webpage:
Sorry we were only able to keep performance videos online for a week after the festival.
on the bbc
Minute by minute report, via text message, by the BBC's Kate Lawrence.
- 19.15 - Huw Stephens gets on stage to announce Hadouken!
- 19.18 - They kick off with a bang and 'Superstar'. James is on top vocal form, literally spitting out the lyrics.
- 19.23 - I move away from the speaker as 'Declaration' kicks in after a couple of technical hitches. "This shouldn't happen at important gigs like this!" says James.
- 19.25 - Alice is carrying off the moody keyboardist look brilliantly. The boys are really warming up now and cracking the odd smile.
- 19.29 - New single 'Leap of Faith' marks Hadouken Version 2.0 with its much rockier sound. And it rocks! It's a shame the Barfly is still only half full...
- 19.31 - "Let's see if you can bounce along to this one" says James. "Not in these shoes!" shouts a girl in the crowd.
- 19.34 - "This one goes out to all the drinkers out there!" It's time for ravey grimey rockey hybrid 'Liquid Lives'. Cheers!
- 19.38 - The band are being filmed for the website and are total naturals at playing the rock star in front of the cameras. And they've not even got an album out yet!
- 19.44 - It's already time for their final track 'That Boy...' a relentless but sniping song which could be about some of the Barfly regulars when you think about it!
- 19.46 - The Barfly crowd don't seem to have taken offence... in fact quite the opposite and as they leave the stage it looks like Hadouken! have some new fans.
also at bbc electric proms
- Performed alongside Hadouken!:
- The Enemy
- Mark Ronson with special guests and the BBC Concert Orchestra
- Paul McCartney
- Kaiser Chiefs via David Arnold
- Bloc Party
- Ray Davies and friends
- Agaskodo Teliverek
- Ben Westbeech
- Basquiat Strings
- The Beatles: Help!
- Bob Dylan: The Other Side of the Mirror
- Breed 77
- Charlie Louvin
- The Chemical Brothers
- Cold War Kids
- The Coral
- Daft Punk: Electroma
- Duke Special
- Durrty Goodz
- Edwyn Collins
- The Enemy
- The Flaming Lips:
UFOs at the Zoo
- Kano presents London Town
- Kid Harpoon
- Noah and the Whale
- Once in a Blue Moon:
A tribute to Lal Waterson
- The Metros
- New Cassettes
- Radio Luxembourg
- Reverend and the Makers
- The Riff Raff and Riz MC
- Sam Isaac
- Sigur Rós: Heima
- SOIL & "PIMP" SESSIONS with Jamie Cullum
- Taio Cruz