Wednesday 24 October
Editors returned this year with their second album ĎAn End Has A Startí, which went to number 1 in the UK. Having wowed crowds at the 2007 Glastonbury festival, the four-piece from Birmingham were accompanied by a string quartet at this special show.
Copy this code to add this slideshow to your webpage:
Sorry, we were only able to keep performance videos online for a week after the festival. But you can still watch an interview with the band.
You can take this video and put it on your webpage (MySpace, Blog etc). It works in a similar way to video sharing sites such as YouTube, Google Video and MySpace video.
To embed a video all you need to do is cut and paste the HTML code in the box below. Copy the HTML code for the clip you want and then paste it in where you would like the clip to appear on your page.
- * The terms only allow you to embed the video on your personal pages and not copy or republish it
- * You may not embed the video on sites that contain illegal, distasteful or offensive material such as porn or hate sites
- * Video content is only available to UK users
- * The BBC reserves the right to remove the video without notice
on the bbc
Minute by minute report, via text message, by the BBC's James Cowdery.
- 21.03 - A string quartet.. No, no, a string 'trio' has come onstage. Confirmation: Editors have strings. Budget strings but strings nonetheless.
- 21. 08 - Editors are onstage! Tom launches into the guitar line from 'Bullets' and KOKO lights up. It's weird how a headline band shifts a venue up.
- 21.11 - Tom: "We are very proud and happy to be part of the Electric Proms this year."
- 21.19 - Editors anthem 'Blood' is destroying KOKO. There are mass outbreaks of jigging. Tom has taken off his scarf.
- 21.37 - Have come up to KOKO's VIP section. Its packed. I can see nothing. Duly return to the masses having learned valuable life lesson.
- 21.43 - Tom, Chris and strings perform a sombre, beautiful version of 'Push Your Head' to a sea of eager camera phones.
- 22.11 - A few cynical souls troop off to the bar as the band slink off. The disbelievers are back in double time for an encore of Fingers.
- 22.17 - 'Smokers...' is the encore's 2nd number. KOKO is in pieces, the crowd willing celebrants in the Church of Editors
- 22.25 - Deeply impressive... Editors exit stage sight. They are made of sweat and beer. It's been emotional.
also at bbc electric proms
- Performed alongside Editors:
- Mark Ronson with special guests and the BBC Concert Orchestra
- Paul McCartney
- Kaiser Chiefs via David Arnold
- Bloc Party
- Ray Davies and friends
- Agaskodo Teliverek
- Ben Westbeech
- Basquiat Strings
- The Beatles: Help!
- Bob Dylan: The Other Side of the Mirror
- Breed 77
- Charlie Louvin
- The Chemical Brothers
- Cold War Kids
- The Coral
- Daft Punk: Electroma
- Duke Special
- Durrty Goodz
- Edwyn Collins
- The Enemy
- The Flaming Lips:
UFOs at the Zoo
- Kano presents London Town
- Kid Harpoon
- Noah and the Whale
- Once in a Blue Moon:
A tribute to Lal Waterson
- The Metros
- New Cassettes
- Radio Luxembourg
- Reverend and the Makers
- The Riff Raff and Riz MC
- Sam Isaac
- Sigur Rós: Heima
- SOIL & "PIMP" SESSIONS with Jamie Cullum
- Taio Cruz