Saturday 27 October
Mancunian space rockers Amplifier brought their collection of effects pedals to Barfly to create their wall of sound, prog influenced rock.
Copy this code to add this slideshow to your webpage:
Sorry we were only able to keep performance videos online for a week after the festival.
on the bbc
- Beyond The Fragile Of Space (Part 1)
- Planet Of Insects
- Dogface Boy (Welcome To Graceland)
- Fall Of The Empire
Minute by minute report, via text message, by the BBC's James Cowdery
- 20.05 - Bruce Dickinson introduces Amplifier. First pair of devil's horns goes up from the crowd.
- 20.07 - No messing as Sel Belamir launches into the furious riff of...
- 20.10 - ...'Beyond The Fragile Geometry of Space' (not easy to text).
- 20.18 - 'Interstella' has an appropriately planet-sized intro and some glorious zoned out guitar shapes.
- 20.21 - There's some spaced out hairy dude at back who looks like he's been here since Hawkwind played here in '73. Far. Out.
- 20.23 - This is epic, mile-wide metal grooves mean some serious frugging breaks out.
- 20.29 - It's difficult to see how all this noise is coming out of Belamir's single Gibson SG guitar.
- 20.32 - Last song Fall of the Empire is galactic: space-rock beamed from Manchester to Camden via Alpha Centauri.
- 20.34 - Sel: "Thank you, Electric Proms, for injecting some class into our career!"
also at bbc electric proms
- Performed alongside Amplifier:
- Breed 77
- Mark Ronson with special guests and the BBC Concert Orchestra
- Paul McCartney
- Kaiser Chiefs via David Arnold
- Bloc Party
- Ray Davies and friends
- Agaskodo Teliverek
- Ben Westbeech
- Basquiat Strings
- The Beatles: Help!
- Bob Dylan: The Other Side of the Mirror
- Breed 77
- Charlie Louvin
- The Chemical Brothers
- Cold War Kids
- The Coral
- Daft Punk: Electroma
- Duke Special
- Durrty Goodz
- Edwyn Collins
- The Enemy
- The Flaming Lips:
UFOs at the Zoo
- Kano presents London Town
- Kid Harpoon
- Noah and the Whale
- Once in a Blue Moon:
A tribute to Lal Waterson
- The Metros
- New Cassettes
- Radio Luxembourg
- Reverend and the Makers
- The Riff Raff and Riz MC
- Sam Isaac
- Sigur Rós: Heima
- SOIL & "PIMP" SESSIONS with Jamie Cullum
- Taio Cruz