Wednesday 24 October
Self confessed psycho electronic artists Agaskodo Teliverek is the work of Miki Kemecsi, Hiroe Takei and Tamas Szabo. They brought their penchant for crazy outfits to the BBC Electric Proms as part of John Peel Night.
Sorry we were only able to keep performance videos online for a week after the festival.
Copy this code to add this slideshow to your webpage:
on the bbc
Minute by minute report via text message by the BBC's Kate Lawrence.
- 19.27 - The venue is filling up... Could that be due to the promise of burlesque dancers onstage with next act Agaskodo Teliverek?
- 19.35 - There is a rather fabulous light rig being constructed, spelling out the band's name. I am grateful for this as it will help me spell it correctly
- 19.38 - The crowd are wearing patterns, bright colours...truckers ...
- 19.43 - They are soothing us with noodly saxophone music over the tannoy...
- 19.52 - There are no burlesque dancers but some rather dashing (not to mention short) uniforms. And that's just on the boys! Mary Anne Hobbs is here to announce the Peel family's choice to play tonight: Agaskodo Teliverek!
- 19.53 - Apparently it took the band six weeks to hitch hike here from Hungary! So far it's worth it, their 'psycho goulash' pop rock is ace!
- 19.54 - "They're like the B52's meet The Cure!" says someone near me. Good call!
- 20.02 - Behind the band appears to be 'the goal mouth of war' - a football goal covered in camo style netting. It matches the uniforms though.
- 20.04 - 'Blood Club' sounds like Pixies put in a blender at the chorus - the crowd love it. Hiroe is more real than Kim Deal!
- 20.08 - There's barely a breath between songs, the band are roaring through their set at an exhilarating pace.
- 20.10 - Hiroe plays one of those guitar/keyboard things. She looks like a Robert Palmer model gone a bit wrong (but in a good way of course!)
- 20.15 - What's scary is how Hiroe can scream in such a blood curdling fashion in a song and then say 'Thank You' so sweetly she melt the audience?
- 20.16 - They play a blinding version of 'Gay Hussar' to bring our Hungarian adventure to an end. It's been great fun!
- 20.19 - The band thank us and John Peel's family for having them. "I enjoyed it a LOT!" Hiroe says. Come back soon!
also at bbc electric proms
- Mark Ronson with special guests and the BBC Concert Orchestra
- Paul McCartney
- Kaiser Chiefs via David Arnold
- Bloc Party
- Ray Davies and friends
- Agaskodo Teliverek
- Ben Westbeech
- Basquiat Strings
- The Beatles: Help!
- Bob Dylan: The Other Side of the Mirror
- Breed 77
- Charlie Louvin
- The Chemical Brothers
- Cold War Kids
- The Coral
- Daft Punk: Electroma
- Duke Special
- Durrty Goodz
- Edwyn Collins
- The Enemy
- The Flaming Lips:
UFOs at the Zoo
- Kano presents London Town
- Kid Harpoon
- Noah and the Whale
- Once in a Blue Moon:
A tribute to Lal Waterson
- The Metros
- New Cassettes
- Radio Luxembourg
- Reverend and the Makers
- The Riff Raff and Riz MC
- Sam Isaac
- Sigur Rós: Heima
- SOIL & "PIMP" SESSIONS with Jamie Cullum
- Taio Cruz