- biased Holding an opinion that often unfairly supports one argument, eg a football fan thinking that a referee's decision was wrong because it went against their team.
- copyrighted material Work protected by copyright law.
- email address The address of an email account to which emails are sent. All email addresses are unique.
- external storage devices A device for storing files that is not part of the computer. This makes it portable.
- IP address A unique address for each computer device on a network.
- malware Software that is designed to cause harm or damage to a computer. This includes viruses that might damage files, adware that causes popups, and spyware that collects and shares login details.
- mobile applications Applications designed to run on mobile devices. These can be used for creating documents, taking pictures, listening to music, playing games or finding directions.
- newsletter A document that is produced regularly to pass on information to people who are interested in a common topic, eg. a school newsletter might include dates of school holidays and school productions. Newsletters are often sent by email.
- unauthorised access Using a computer system without permission.