- conduct To allow electricity, heat or other energy forms to pass through.
- earthed Connected to the ground directly or indirectly so that electric charge flows from an object, preventing a dangerous build-up of static electricity.
- electron Sub-atomic particle, with a negative charge and a negligible mass relative to protons and neutrons.
- force A push or a pull. The unit of force is the newton (N).
- frictional force Force that resists one object moving through or over something. An example is air resistance on a car.
- ignite Set on fire.
- insulator Material that does not allow charge or heat to pass through it easily.
- neutral An object that does not have a positive or negative charge.