Appendix 3: Statement of Policy on Alternative Finance
Clause 75 of the Agreement of 30th June 2006 between the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport and the BBC ("the Framework Agreement") makes provision for licence fee-funded BBC television, radio or online services ("BBC Services") to be partially funded by certain alternative means of finance if such finance accords with criteria set out in a statement of policy approved by the BBC Trust and the Secretary of State. The means of finance which must be addressed by the statement of policy are:
- Co-funding by non-commercial bodies for output in minority languages;
- Co-funding by non-commercial bodies in other limited circumstances;
- Third party contribution to the costs of carrying out, providing, using or mounting an activity, facility or event featured in BBC output or used to support the creation of BBC output.
This document constitutes the statement of policy, approved by the BBC Trust and the Secretary of State, which addresses the means of finance set out above. It sets out the principles which must be taken into account when supplementing licence fee funding with such funds from external partners.
- Legal Framwork
- BBC Policy with Regard to External Relationships.
- Activities Covered by this Policy Statement
- Activities falling under Clause 75(5)(D) (Co-funding and Co-funding Partnerships)
- Activities Falling under Clause 75(5)(F) (Public value Partnerships and Sponsored BBC Events)
- Public Value Partnerships
- Sponsored BBC Events