Section 11: War, Terror and Emergencies
Our reports of war, terror, emergencies and similar events must meet the Editorial Guidelines' Principles on Accuracy and Impartiality.
We will respect human dignity without sanitising the realities of war, terror, emergencies and similar events. There must be clear editorial justification for the use of very graphic pictures.
We will ensure, as far as is reasonably possible, that next of kin do not learn of a relative's death or injury from any of our content.
- Mandatory Referrals
- Accuracy and Impartiality
- Identifying Victims
- Demonstrations, Disturbances and Riots
- Staged Events
- Threats and Hoaxes
- Hijacking, Kidnapping, Hostage Taking and Sieges
- National Security and Counter Terrorism
- Hostile Environments, High Risk Activities and Events
Search the site
Can't find what you need? Search here