Contact us Politics Show
Inside Out Accountability
My school friends will tell you that as a kid I always wanted to become a football commentator. I love football and love talking so I thought what better job!
I did all the usual things - lots of work experience, got a degree in broadcast journalism and then I was lucky enough to get my first job as a sports researcher at Central TV. I was 19 and still at university so I have been in broadcasting 10 years now - eek!
On the way I have worked as a news trainee, a district reporter, a senior news reporter and sports editor/presenter before joining the BBC and the sports team here at East Midlands Today.
We have a great team here who are really passionate about sport. My first love is football.
When I'm not at work I am out and about with my friends. I am a big Scunthorpe United fan. I am a Scunny girl and have been supporting the "Iron" all my life. Family is really important to me. My mum is one of 12 so I have a big family.
If you see me out and about come and say hello. I'm the one with the bright ginger hair - so you can't miss me and if you want to get in touch my email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top 10 list (well, nine actually)
1. Best Song Ever - Mr Brightside - Killers
2. Best TV Show Ever - Sex and the City
3. Best place in England - Glanford Park (the home of Scunthorpe United)
4. Favourite / worse food - Love all food
5. Favourite / worst drink - Vodka and Red Bull
6. Favourite animal - Fox
7. Favourite name for boy/girl - Lionel and Sue (my mum and dad's name - love my dad's name cos it sounds so showbiz
8. Favourite sport / least favourite sport. Football favourite - Polo worse
9. Favourite Politician / historical figure - Emily Pankhurst
last updated: 19/01/2009 at 11:16